As an intern, you will be expected to:
• Arrive on time, ready to work, and prepared for changes in weather conditions;
• Be able and open to learning from mentor farmers, staff members, other learners, animals, plants, the land, your own mistakes, and the mistakes of others;
• Share and communicate your knowledge and understanding;
• Communicate your learning needs and personal needs clearly and compassionately, and hear and take into account the needs of others;
• Be able to bend, crouch, sit, walk, run, stand for long periods of time, and lift at least 50 pounds;
• Be able and willing to work with children (in the presence of teachers or camp counselors) and volunteers;
• Farm in the context of an intergenerational elder care community.